A proposal to require people responsible for international General Aviation (GA) flights to submit flight and passenger information in advance.
1. Do you consider the proposed regulations to be necessary and proportionate for border security and law enforcement purposes?
2. What are your views on the information that would be required in respect of each person on board as set out on page 12?
3. What are your views on the proposal to require notification no earlier than twenty-four hours and no later than 2 hours before departure to or from the UK?
4. What are your views on the information that would be required in respect of the flight (including in respect of the aircraft) as set out on page 13?
5. What are your views on the proposal for information about flights and persons onboard to be submitted only online using portals or apps?
6. What are your views on the gov.uk online service that allows for the online submission of data (s-GAR)? Does it meet your needs as a user of the portal? If not, please explain why?
7. If you are a pilot, captain or operator, what would be the practical implications for you of providing advance information online? Please state whether you are answering this as a pilot, captain or operator.
8. If you are an operator of commercial GA flights what do you consider the impact of the proposals would be on your business operations?
9. If you are an operator of commercial GA flights what are your views on the practicality of complying with a requirement to provide PNR data?
10. Do you think that a civil penalty will provide an effective incentive to comply with the advance reporting requirement? Why do you think this?
11. What is your view of the implications of operating the Authority to Carry Scheme in respect of international GA flights?
12. Do you have any views on how the reporting requirement should operate in exceptional circumstances, such as weather disruption or technical problems?
13. Do you have any views on the operation of the twelve-hour notification period under paragraph 12 of Schedule 7 to the Terrorism Act 2000?
14. Do you have a view on alternative approaches, whether regulatory or not, to securing the border and managing vulnerabilities relating to GA flights?
15. Do you have any views on the impact of these proposals on the operation of the Common Travel Area?
16. Are there any further comments you would like to make relating to the proposed regulations?