Invitation to join our research panel
Please read this information sheet carefully before deciding whether to take part. This information sheet is for you to keep. If you are not sure about anything, please send us an email, or talk about it with a colleague, a friend or family member.
Who is this invitation from and what is it for?
You have been invited by the Home Office Digital Data and Technology team, on behalf of the Migration and Borders Technology Portfolio (MBTP) to join our ‘research panel’. The research panel is a list of people who have told us that they are interested in being invited to research to help us improve the way you access your organisation’s sponsorship information.
What would joining the panel involve?
Why should I take part?
- Completing our survey to tell us more about you; we use this information to help us identify which research is most relevant to you
- Receiving invitations to take part in research we are conducting; whenever we invite you to research, we will send you an information sheet so that you can decide whether you would like to take part.
- We do various activities during research sessions, but most involve giving feedback on new screens or content or web pages and/or talking to us about your experiences of the employee sponsorship management process.
Your feedback will help to improve the way you access your organisation’s sponsorship information.
Do I have to take part?
No, you do not have to join the panel. Participation in research is completely voluntary. Whether you decide to join or not, this decision will have no effect on any past, current or future applications to the Home Office.
Being on the panel does not mean you are expected to take part in the research, it only means you are happy for us to invite you to research that may be relevant to you.
What data will we collect?
We ask for a range of information about you and your organisation, for example, your contact details and high-level information about your organisation etc. The reason for us collecting this is for research purposes only. This helps us to:
- send you research invitations that are most relevant to you
- invite people working in a wide variety of organisations to our research
- build useable services for all who need them
We do not share your information with anyone outside the Home Office Digital Data and Technology team.
We will hold your information for 12 months. After this period, we will re-contact you to see if you still want to be on the panel.
Your right to withdraw your data or complain
Your participation in the panel is voluntary and you can withdraw at any time by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org